General Questions: Cable TV
How do I view HD Military Tier?
Click here to learn how to view HD Military Tier channels including AFN, Japanese programming, and local command channels.
Can I get AFN for free?
Yes. MBC’s HD Military Tier package contains AFN channels. These channels are delivered as a complimentary HD service via a coaxial connection. Click here for the HD Military Tier Channel Line-Up.
Why does my TV say "No Signal"?
No Signal means that the channel is experiencing technical difficulties. This could be due to a technical issue on the channel provider’s end or it could be due to a technical issue on our end. If you see a “No Signal” message on a TV channel you are trying to watch, please contact our Help Desk to report the issue.
How do I do a channel rescan?
Channel Rescan on HD Military Tier:
To perform a channel scan, search through your TV menu or settings until you find “channel scan”, “rescan”, “search”, “tune”, etc. Every TV is different. If you need help, Google search to get the instructions for your TV.
Channel Rescan on HD Digital Cable TV:
1. Select the MENU button on your remote to bring up the Main Menu.
2. Hit the “OK” button to select the Channel Manager Menu.
3. Hit the “OK” button to select the “Channel Search” option. When prompted, enter ‘0000’ as your password.
4. Select NIT Search. Once you’re in this menu, make sure your settings are configured correctly:
a. Frequency: 393000KHz
b. Symbol Rate: 5057Ksps
c. Modulation: 256 QAM
d. Make sure the “Signal” and “Quality” bars are at a minimum of 70%.
5. The channel scan should take 5 – 10 minutes. If you have trouble with your rescan, please contact our Help Desk at 03-6868-2345.
6. Once the search is complete, hit “QUIT” to exit and return to programming.
Why is my channel pixelated?
Channel pixelation normally occurs when our satellites or the provider’s satellites are experiencing signal interference. Signal interference can occur in a number of ways. Cloudy skies, stormy weather, misalignment of the satellite, or solar flares are just a few of the causes of signal interference. If you are experiencing a pixelated channel, please contact our Help Desk to report the issue.