Test Your Internet
BEFORE YOU START
Follow these steps to get the best, most accurate results.
1. Connect Directly to Modem
• Connect your computer to your modem via an Ethernet cord.
• Wireless connections will not produce the best, most accurate results of the speed of your service.
2. Close All Applications
• Close all other browser windows and tabs (except the one you’re using for the test) as well as any other programs that stream video and music.
• If you have a Virtual Private Network (VPN), disable it.
3. Power Down Connected Devices
• Turn off or unplug any other devices that may be connected to your Internet service including all wireless devices, like other computers, routers, smart TVs, tablets, smartphones, webcams, console game systems, VoIP phones, and content streaming devices like Roku, Firestick or AppleTV. If it uses the Internet, you’ll want to shut it down before you run the test.
4. Run The Speed Test
Select ‘Again’ to run the speed test. Record your results using the criteria found on the Speed Test Instructions page or screenshot your results to reference when speaking with an MBC Customer Service Representative.
Using your WiFi network to run a speed test will not give you the most accurate speed test result. Because base housing is constructed of concrete and steel, WiFi signals deteriorate as you move away from the router. You will need a direct connection to your modem to retrieve the most precise speed test results. Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) will also produce lower than expected results. For the most accurate speed test, turn off your VPN and directly connect to your modem.
SEEING SLOW SPEEDS?
A speed test is just a snapshot of your service speeds for that moment in time. Rerun the test again after following the tips provided above. For more information, visit our Internet FAQs.