Welcome to Okinawa!
MBC is the on-base Internet & Cable TV provider to all US military installations on Okinawa.
All on-base residences (family housing, barracks, dorms & TLF) are pre-wired for MBC service.
All Members receive free cable TV delivery of American Forces Network (AFN) programming.
New Customers complete a same-day FREE self-installation of their Internet & Cable TV services.
While in a ROM in which you are restricted to your residence, you may not visit any MBC office. The following instructions apply to you. If you are in Installation ROM, please see the NON-ROM Arrivals section as you are allowed to visit any MBC office while on Installation ROM.
1. Prior to arrival, or immediately after arrival, CALL MBC to establish your Internet and cable TV account. The MBC call center is open from 0900-1800 Mon–Sat JST.
From Japan landline or Japan cell: 03-6868-2345
From US landline or US cell: 512-672-7517
From Kadena DSN: 966-7517
From USMC DSN: 634-8000 then 1-512-672-7517
2. Once your account is set up, designate a sponsor to pick up your MBC equipment from any MBC on-base office, or schedule a delivery from MBC. Delivery time slots may vary based on availability.
3. Follow the simple self-installation process to complete your same-day activation of your services.
4. If you relocate on-base, CONTACT US to update your address. You may transfer your MBC service at no-charge to any location on any installation.
New arrivals in ROM receive their first 5 days of 400Mbps Internet for FREE!
Wireless modem rental included. Promotion valid until 31 October 2021. Exclusive to personnel PCSing into Okinawa on ROM. Arrivals in Installation ROM are not eligible.
Other conditions / restrictions may apply. Contact MBC for additional information.
New Members establishing new service who are NOT subject to ROM:
1. Upon arriving in Okinawa, visit any MBC on-base office to open an account. MBC services can be activated in all locations on all installations (family housing, barracks, dorm or TLF). Click here for office locations & hours of operation.
2. Follow the simple self-installation process to complete your same-day activation of your services.
3. If you relocate on-base, CONTACT US to update your address. You may transfer your MBC service at no-charge to any location on any installation.