Wireless Modem Configuration
View PDF: Wireless Modem Configuration
MBC recommends that all customers change the default SSID (network name) and passphrase to create a secure and private wireless network connection.
1. Use the ethernet cable provided to connect your wireless modem directly to your computer.
2. Open a web browser on your computer.
3. In the address line of your web browser enter 192.168.0.1 and press enter.
4. A login screen for the Hitron Wireless Modem will be displayed.
5. Login using the following default information:
6. Select “Quick Wizard”.
7. Follow the on-screen prompts to change the login username, login password, network names and network passwords. Retain this information in a secure location.
8. Save all changes and exit the modem configuration utility.
9. Connect all wireless devices to the network using the new wireless network names and passwords.