Wireless Internet with HD Cable TV
View PDF: Wireless Internet & HD Instructions
1. Identify a centrally located wall plate with a coax connection that will provide the best wireless network coverage in your rsidence and is also the location where you want to install your HD Digital Cable TV service. In some barracks, the coax connection is a cable coming from the ceiling.
2. Connect the first coax cable provided to the SINGLE side of the splitter provided and the wall plate. Tighten the cable with your fingers and then use the wrench provided to tighten ¼ turn.
3. Connect the second coax cable provided to one of the two empty ports on the DOUBLE side of the splitter and the coax connector on the modem. Tighten the cable with your fingers and then use the wrench provided to tighten ¼ turn.
4. Connect the power cord to the modem and an electrical outlet.
5. After approximately five minutes, all lights on the modem, including the 2.4GHz and 5GHz lights, will be on and steady indicating the modem is on-line and connected to the Internet. If your modem does not come on-line, look for another coax outlet in the room and connect to that outlet.
6. The SSIDs (wireless network names) and passphrases are on the back of the modem. The modem supports both 2.4GHz & 5GHz connections. Not all devices support 5GHz. Enter these network names and passphrases into your wireless devices. For the best performance, gaming consoles should be connected directly to your network via an ethernet cable.
7. To change your network name and passphrase, see the Wireless Network Configuration instructions.
8. To verify your Internet service, see the “Test Your Internet Speed” instructions.
9. Confirm your Internet service is working before proceeding further.
10. To Install your HD Set Top Box, attach the filter provided to the empty port on the DOUBLE side of the splitter. Hand tighten ONLY. Do NOT overtighten.
11. Connect the last coax cable provided to the filter connected in step 10 on the splitter and the RF IN labeled coax port on the back of the HD Set Top Box. Tighten the cable with your fingers and then use the wrench provided to tighten ¼ turn.
12. Connect the power cord to the HD Set Top Box and an electrical outlet. Turn on the HD Set Top Box power.
13. Connect the HD Set Top Box and your TV using the HDMI cord provided.
14. Turn your TV on. Set your TV input to the appropriate HDMI input.
15. If you do not have any TV service:
a. check all connections
b. confirm that the HD Set Top Box is powered on
c. confirm that your TV is powered on and the proper HDMI is selected
d. connect to and select another HDMI input on your TV
e. confirm that your internet installed in steps 1-7 is still working
16. If your HD TV service is still not working, contact MBC for support.
17. To program the MBC remote, see the Universal Remote Set-Up Instructions.