Mediatti Broadband Communications, Inc. (“MBC” or the “Company”) is the on-base High-Speed Internet and HD Digital Cable TV provider to U.S. military members and their families on Okinawa, Japan. MBC provides residential and non-residential analog and HD Digital Cable TV and Internet services using wired and wireless DOCSIS cable modems, VDSL and fiber to the premise technologies. The MBC mission is to improve the quality of life for its customers by connecting them to family, friends, information, and entertainment through High-Speed Internet and HD Digital Cable TV with excellent customer service. The MBC vision is to always be the preferred service provider for Internet and Cable TV by building and sustaining the most reliable network, creating loyal customer relationships, and delivering on every promise made.
The Warehouse & Inventory Coordinator (“Inventory Coordinator”) is responsible for oversight of all MBC inventory including all customer premise equipment (“CPE”) stored in a Company warehouse. The Inventory Coordinator assists both the customer service and technical services department to have the materials available to provide support to business operations while reporting through the accounting department to maintain internal financial control over Company owned assets. The Inventory Coordinator reports directly to the President / Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsible to maintain an accurate stocking of all equipment and materials held in Inventory that are stored at the Company’s warehouses.
- Identify inventory items that are approaching low stock to coordinate the purchase of additional materials in such a manner so that the Company is never without stock.
- Issue materials, in accordance with Company policies, to authorized Company personnel and approved contractors.
- Complete all required documentation for customs to coordinate the receipt and delivery of MBC purchased equipment and materials.
- Coordinate shipping and delivery of materials.
- Manage the monthly inventory control software system to accurately report to the Company the inventory on hand reflecting any items received and items distributed. Items distributed must be properly assigned to specific capital projects. At all times, the inventory control software must materially reflect the items on-hand and available for use.
- Recovery, cleaning, testing and repackaging of Company owned customer premise equipment in accordance with Company procedures to ensure that CPE on hand available through inventory is functioning properly and ready for distribution to MBC customers.
- Transportation of CPE and other materials to / from Company warehouses to / from various office locations.
- To dispose of unserviceable equipment as directed by Management including proper documentation and disposal in accordance with any applicable environmental guidelines.
- Maintain the condition of the warehouse buildings and lay-down yard in an orderly, safe and professional manner, including but not limited to lawn care and waste disposal, reflecting MBC in the best possible manner to all persons that may see the facilities.
- Secure the warehouse and lay-down yard in preparation for any increment weather, including but not limited to Typhoons.
- Perform all duties executing the Company’s mission and vision statements in a manner consistent with MBC policies, procedures, quality, safety standards, customer needs as well as applicable franchise and regulatory requirements.
- Perform those other duties as may be reasonably assigned or directed by Management
IV. Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent English language written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Japanese language skills are a benefit but not required.
- Ability to use arithmetic skills to solve problems.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notice required.
- Ability to read and interpret English language documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance, procedural and technical manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out English based instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to possess a valid SOFA or Japanese driver’s license with a clean driving record to operate Company owned Y plated vehicles.
- Ability to climb, crawl and work in limited access locations like crawl spaces, ducts, attics or at heights on utility poles, towers, ladders or roofs.
- Ability to work in extreme heat and cold temperatures in enclosed spaces and outdoors in varying elements.
- Ability to adhere to industry-based safety standards for all work sites in all weather conditions.
- Ability to complete tasks with little or no direct supervision working largely alone under tight deadlines.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notice require.
- Hand and finger dexterity to use power tools as well as operate computer and general office equipment.
V. Additional Notes:
Mediatti Broadband Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
VI. How to Apply:
If you are interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: Last Name, First Name MBC – Job Posting – Warehouse & Inventory Coordinator.