Mediatti Broadband Communications, Inc. (“MBC” or the “Company”) is the on-base High-Speed Internet and HD Digital Cable TV provider to U.S. military members and their families on Okinawa, Japan. MBC provides residential and non-residential analog and HD Digital Cable TV and Internet services using wired and wireless DOCSIS cable modems, VDSL and fiber to the premise technologies. The MBC mission is to improve the quality of life for its customers by connecting them to family, friends, information, and entertainment through High-Speed Internet and HD Digital Cable TV with excellent customer service. The MBC vision is to always be the preferred service provider for Internet and Cable TV by building and sustaining the most reliable network, creating loyal customer relationships, and delivering on every promise made.
The role of the MBC Service & Installation Technician (“Technician”) is to complete on-premise installations and service calls for high-speed Internet, analog and high definition cable television services to residential and non-residential customers. The Technician also works proactively to upgrade, repair, service and maintain the hybrid fiber-coaxial broadband communications network (“Network”) to minimize service interruptions and enhance its reliability.
- Construct, install, repair and maintain the most reliable Network.
- Complete on-premise installations of MBC services.
- Complete on-premise service calls to resolve service impacting issues.
- Proactively identify, troubleshoot and repair issues in the Network.
- Conduct preventative maintenance to reduce Network failures.
- Install and configure high-definition set-top boxes and cable modems and other customer premise equipment offered by MBC.
- Provide English language technical support assisting customers with the configuration of home wired and wireless computer networks and home entertainment systems allowing access for connected devices to MBC delivered services.
- Create loyal customer relationships in every customer interaction.
- Respond politely and professionally to customers.
- Participate in on-call rotation to respond to Network related outages during and after hours, on holidays and on weekends.
- Conduct semi-annual tests at each fiber optic node at peak times of use reporting on upload and download speeds of MBC provisioned residential cable modem services.
- Offer alternative MBC product solutions with the objective of meeting customer needs and assisting the Company to achieve its targeted subscriber and revenue objectives.
- Perform all duties executing the Company’s mission and vision statements in a manner consistent with MBC policies, procedures, quality, safety standards, customer needs as well as applicable franchise and regulatory requirements.
- Perform those other reasonable duties as assigned or directed by Management.
IV. Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent English language written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use arithmetic skills to solve problems.
- Experience in, or demonstrated knowledge of, the Cable Television and Internet industry.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Technical aptitude with an ability to understand and communicate complex issues to customers or other audiences with various levels of knowledge.
- Ability to work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notice required.
- Ability to read and interpret English language documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance, procedural and technical manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out English based instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to possess a valid SOFA or Japanese driver’s license with a clean driving record to operate Company owned Y plated vehicles.
- Ability to climb, crawl and work in limited access locations like crawl spaces, ducts, attics or at heights on utility poles, towers, ladders or roofs.
- Ability to adhere to industry-based safety standards for all work sites in all weather conditions.
- Ability to complete tasks with little or no direct supervision working largely alone under tight deadlines.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
- Hand and finger dexterity to use power tools.
- Hand and finger dexterity to operate a computer and general office equipment.
V. Additional Notes:
MBC reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
VI. How to Apply:
If you are interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: Last Name, First Name MBC – Job Posting – Service & Installation Technician.