Mediatti Broadband Communications, Inc. (“MBC” or the “Company”) is the on-base High-Speed Internet and HD Digital Cable TV provider to U.S. military members and their families on Okinawa, Japan. MBC provides residential and non-residential analog and HD Digital Cable TV and Internet services using wired and wireless DOCSIS cable modems, VDSL and fiber to the premise technologies. The MBC mission is to improve the quality of life for its customers by connecting them to family, friends, information, and entertainment through High-Speed Internet and HD Digital Cable TV with excellent customer service. The MBC vision is to always be the preferred service provider for Internet and Cable TV by building and sustaining the most reliable network, creating loyal customer relationships, and delivering on every promise made.
The role of the MBC Customer Service Representative (“CSR”) is to provide customer sales, service and technical support for high speed Internet and cable television services to residential and non-residential customers in a manner consistent with MBC policies, procedures, quality and standards as well applicable franchise and regulatory requirements. The MBC CSR is the primary initial point of contact for MBC customers with technical issues providing local, on-base English language technical support.
- Provide English language customer service and technical support through local on-base customer service offices and by telephone.
- Answer general information inquiries for customers on rates, programming billing inquiries, service installations, upgrades, downgrades, transfers, disconnections, and billing questions.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving Internet connectivity including assisting customers with customer owned home networking equipment, computers, gaming systems, smart TVs and other wired and wireless ‘connected’ devices.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware issues involving delivery of analog and digital cable TV services including assisting customers with MBC issued HD set-top boxes and customer owned televisions, home theater and surround sound audio systems.
- Perform necessary account management functions for new and existing customers, through the management of federally protected customer private and confidential account information through a specialized industry secure computer billing system, providing integrated service delivery, billing, scheduling and service delivery.
- Process customer payments in cash, check and credit card transactions.
- Review English language billing statements, in detail where necessary, with customers.
- Respond politely and professionally to customers.
- Effective interaction with customers to provide accurate information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about MBC products and services.
- Redirect problems that cannot be resolved by the CSR to appropriate resources when necessary.
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a designated process and problem resolution tracking software.
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary to ensure services are working within their expectations.
- Offer alternative MBC product solutions with the objective of meeting customer needs and assisting the Company to achieve its targeted subscriber and revenue objectives.
- Perform all duties executing the Company’s mission and vision statements in a manner consistent with MBC policies, procedures, quality, safety standards, customer needs as well as applicable franchise and regulatory requirements.
- Perform those other reasonable duties as assigned or directed by Management.
IV. Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent English language written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in Customer Service, Sales and Technical Support roles.
- Experience in, or demonstrated knowledge of, the Cable Television and Internet industry.
- Understanding of both wired and wireless home computer networks as well as various hardware and operating system platforms across various connected technologies.
- Technical aptitude with an ability to understand and communicate complex issues to customers with various levels of knowledge.
- Ability to work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notice required.
- Ability to read and interpret English language documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance, procedural and technical manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out English based instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Basic Cash Handling Skills.
- Ability to use arithmetic skills to solve problems.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Hand and finger dexterity and vision to operate computers and general office equipment.
V. Additional Notes:
Mediatti Broadband Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
VI. How to Apply:
If you are interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: Last Name, First Name MBC – Job Posting – Customer Service Representative.